Build amazing apps on SharePoint and Office 365 at the ESPC Hackathon - Dublin, 2017
The Hackathon is back at the European SharePoint, Office 365, and Azure Conference! See more on the ESPC conference web page.
Got a project you've been meaning to get to, or a particular itch you'd like to scratch? Or would you just like to flex your developer expertise to build something really amazing? Come join us for dinner and development at 17:00 on Tuesday, November 14th at the ESPC conference (The Convention Centre Dublin). Even if you're just looking to learn and build your first SharePoint web part, it's a great time to learn and build something with all of the skills you take in from ESPC.
HACK WITH THE EXPERTS
At the ESPC Hackathon, we'll have key experts from across SharePoint development, ready to help you. Ask questions, bounce ideas, and develop your solutions with the experts!
Build something really amazing. Stay late into the night building out your project. Come demo your project at our session at 16:45 on Wednesday, November 15th to compete for prizes.
NEW THIS YEAR: you can get started a bit earlier on your projects as well, starting Saturday, November 11th. So get an early leg up on configuring your projects and building demos!
$399 in prizes
The winning team will win Xbox One Gaming consoles.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Open to any registered Event attendee 18 years of age or older . Minors must have consent of a parent or legal guardian. Employees and directors of Microsoft Corporation and its subsidiaries, persons involved in the execution or administration of this promotion, and the family members of each (dependents, immediate family members, and individuals residing in the same household) are not eligible. Void in Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria and where prohibited.
If you are attending the Event in your capacity as an employee, it is your sole responsibility to comply with your employer’s gift policies. Microsoft will not be party to any disputes or actions related to this matter. GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES INCLUDING EDUCATORS: Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government and public sector employees are not eligible for this promotion.
To be eligible, an entry must meet the following content/technical requirements:
- Your entry must be your own original work; and
- Your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and
- You must have obtained any and all consents, approvals, or licenses required for you to submit your entry; and
- To the extent that entry requires the submission of user-generated contest such as software, photos, videos, music, artwork, essays, etc., entrants warrant that their entry is their original work, has not been copied from others without permission or apparent rights, and does not violate the privacy, intellectual property rights, or other rights of any other person or entity. You may include Microsoft trademarks, logos, and designs, for which Microsoft grants you a limited license to use for the sole purposes of submitting an entry into this Contest; and
- Your entry may NOT contain, as determined by us in our sole and absolute discretion, any content that is obscene or offensive, violent, defamatory, disparaging or illegal, or that promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco or a particular political agenda, or that communicates messages that may reflect negatively on the goodwill of Microsoft.
How to enter
To enter, simply submit a link to a video (via devpost.com) -- typically, this video would be hosted on a site such as YouTube.
Director, Office Ecosystem, Microsoft
50% - Use of Office 365 Capabilities
How deeply does it use Office 365 Capabilities? Does it integrate across Office 365 products?
50% - Useful and Innovative
How novel is the solution? Does it solve problems in a new way? How big is the audience for this hack, and how would they find it useful?